doing our bit for Climate Change
Climate change is quite literally a really hot topic. There’s a climate emergency and it’s really important that we all do our bit to keep global warming below 1.5 degrees.
We’re committed to going carbon neutral by 2030, and we’re using 10 years’ experience of action on climate change to do it.
zero carbon offices:
All our cars and offices are carbon neutral.
- We use 100% renewable electricity and biogas to heat and power our Fruit Towers HQ.
- Our ambition is to replace all our grassy vans and company cars with fully electric ones (run off renewable energy).
- For now, we buy carbon offsets to compensate for their emissions, as well as emissions for company travel.
- We teach each other how to reduce emissions at home too. For the past 3 years we've run a Do Nation campaign across our offices that has saved 1,305,493 bananas' worth of carbon.
- Katie in our sustainability team shouts at you if you use the lift.
low carbon drinks:
Carbon neutral offices and cars are a good start, but most of our carbon footprint comes from making and transporting our drinks. We’re working hard to take greenhouse gases out of our supply chain and become completely carbon neutral by 2030 at the latest:
- We reduced emissions from making our drinks by 5% between 2015 and 2017 and we're committed to setting a Science Based Target.
- We never use airfreight to move our drinks around.
- We use recycled and plant based plastic in our bottles, which have lower carbon footprints than plastics made from oil.
- About two-thirds of the electricity we use to blend and bottle our drinks comes from renewable sources. We won't stop working until that gets to 100%.
- Over the past 3 years we have massively reduced the road miles our drinks travel. We've also switched to lower carbon transport like trains and barges.